Applied Science Counsellor
Gordon Lai is the dedicated mental health counsellor for APSC students. To learn more about Gordon, counselling or how to book an appointment, please visit the page below.
Health and Wellbeing Resources
If you need crisis support or you’re currently in distress, the following resources are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
- Emergency Services: 911
- UBC Campus Security: 604-822-2222
- Here2Talk offers 24/7 free and confidential mental health counselling in various languages and platforms
- Hope for Wellness Line offers immediate mental health counseling and crisis intervention to all Indigenous peoples across Canada. 1-855-242-3310
- Vancouver Crisis Line: 1-800-784-2433
- Access & Assessment Centre (walk-ins 7:30am – 9:30pm): 604-675-3700
- Victim Link: 1-800-563-0808
- Urgent Care, UBC Hospital: 2211 Wesbrook Mall (8am – 8pm). Urgent care or go to the nearest hospital emergency department.