Academic Support

Plan for your academic success. Get better grades through tutoring, or speak with an academic advisor for support.

Learn more about Academic Supports.


EUS Tutoring offers review workshops for MATH 100/101, MATH 152, CHEM 154, CHEM 121/123, APSC 160, and PHYS 157/158 where you will practice solving questions from past exams with the assistance of trained tutors to help you prepare for your mid-terms and final exams.

These review sessions will be held the week prior to your scheduled mid-terms and final exams for each of these courses.  The worksheets and solutions from the review workshops will be posted on the EUS Tutoring website after each session.
In addition, EUS tutoring offers students the chance to book paid one-on-one appointments with upper-year students. These sessions are available through online tutoring app Nimbus. Please contact for more information.

Learn more about EUS Tutoring.

The Math Learning Centre (MLC) is a space for undergraduate students to study math together, with support from math tutors, who are graduate students in the math department.
While students are encouraged to seek help with homework, the MLC is not a place to check answers or receive solutions; rather, the aim is to aid students in becoming expert learners and to develop critical thinking and skills in a mathematical setting.

At MLC, TA specialists can help with not only all first and second-year math courses, but also with a broad spectrum of expertise areas for the higher-level courses.

Access past Math exams that you can use to practice, practice, practice!

The Physics & Astronomy Drop-In Centre is located in room 112 of the Hebb building (2045 East Mall). When open, the room is available for private and group study. At various times a TA will be present to help with your questions.

Learn more about the Physics and Astronomy Drop-In Centre

Visit the Chemistry Resource Centre in Chemistry B357 for a good study space and to receive assistance with study materials. For more details, check your Chemistry course syllabus.

Undergraduate Chemistry Society of UBC (UCS): The UCS is a great resource if you are looking for tutors, exam packages and extra practice problems.

The Centre for Writing and Scholarly Communication supports a diverse community of writers at UBC, at various levels of proficiency, across many types of undergraduate and graduate writing situations: academic, creative, professional, and technical.  Services offered include writing consultations, workshops, and other writing resources.

Learn more about The Centre for Writing and Scholarly Communication.

The AMS of UBC offers free tutoring for first and second-year students.  There are also free drop-in group tutoring sessions available via the AMS Tutoring calendar or the Nimbus app.

The UBC Learning Commons can provide you with guides and resources on a comprehensive variety of topics from interacting with professors to self-care.
Additionally, they have a personalized set of resources to help you navigate your degree as well as have assignment calculators to help you ace those papers with terrific time management strategies

Learn more about the UBC Learning Commons.

The UBC Thunderstudy sessions provide tutoring, a place to study, and workshops tailored to help you balance athletics and academics.

Learn more about Thunderstudy.

Advice for studying for your Math and Physics courses

Learning Skills Workshops via the Learning Commons

Your Learning Style self-assessment quizzes

Assignment Calculators to help you set reasonable completion due dates


As an engineering student you have a dedicated team of professionals to support you along your journey. Our Departments, Programs, and Engineering Academic Services (EAS) team are able to assist you with academic advising, course selection, registration, transfer credits, and much more.
Learn how to get in touch with your Program Advising Office (Years 2-5)
Learn more about Academic Advising with Engineering Academic Services (Year 1)

All undergraduate students registered in a degree program on UBC's Vancouver campus have been assigned an Enrolment Services Advisor who can give financial advice and help you take care of the basics like paying tuition, requesting a transcript, or changing your program.
If you have not been assigned an advisor yet, you can still connect with one.
You can find your ESA's contact information on the Student Service Centre (SSC) under Personal Info > UBC Contacts.

If you have questions about life as an international student, International Student Advising is there to help.

Some important reasons to consider contacting ISA:


Learn more about International Student Advising.