UBC Engineering values professionalism and integrity. As a UBC Engineering student, you are studying for a professional degree. You are expected to be familiar with and follow these guidelines during your time here as a student.
The following information applies to all UBC Engineering students.
The Faculty of Applied Science follows the academic misconduct guidelines set out in the UBC Academic Calendar.
- When a potential case is identified, the instructor will normally meet with the student(s) involved to discuss the concerns raised.
- The instructor will also notify the department head and the Dean’s Office of the concerns and the students involved.
- A Faculty Designate for Academic Discipline within the Dean’s Office will investigate the case. As a result, the Dean’s Office may arrange a meeting with the student(s) and the Faculty Designate.
Note: a case will continue to go forward whether or not a student makes him- or herself available for consultation.
- A written decision on the case will be issued to the student from the Dean’s Office. The decision to forward a case to the President’s Advisory Committee on Student Discipline resides within the Dean’s Office.
If you have any questions or concerns about the academic misconduct policies and procedures for engineering students at UBC, please email: email@example.com.
The following information applies to all UBC students.
The Faculty of Applied Science follows the non-academic misconduct guidelines set out in the UBC Academic Calendar.
- All incidents of suspected non-academic misconduct will be reported to Campus Security, who will then bring the matter to attention of the Student Conduct Manager.
- The Student Conduct Manager will consider the allegations and determine the means of investigation.
- If the Student Conduct Manager believes that a non-academic misconduct has occurred, the Student Conduct Manager will propose a resolution.
- If the student does not agree or comply with the resolution, the matter will be referred to the Non-academic Misconduct Committee.
- A record of the allegations and any decisions made as a result of the allegations will be retained in the student’s file.