2nd Year Placement: (form will open mid-February)
UBC Okanagan Reading Week Trip: Register Here!
Ready for your second year at UBC Engineering Vancouver?
Here are your next steps to prepare for 2nd-year.
- Step 1: Explore your options - APSC 122 - Lunchtime Explorations and presentations by Departments & Programs, links to more information below, and come to our Open House in November.
- Step 2: Submit your preferences
- Step 3: Check our Frequently Asked Questions
Regardless of the industry or field your passion lies within, you can practice your specialty within an ever growing diversity of industries.
- Chemical Engineering
- Chemical & Biological Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering. This program shares a common 2nd-year with Electrical Engineering.
- Electrical Engineering. This program shares a common 2nd-year with Computer Engineering.
- Biomedical Option (PLEASE NOTE: an application - in addition to the placement form - is required for this option - please check here for information AND check here for the application. Deadline is March 31).
- Engineering Physics. In addition to the placement form, Engineering Physics requires all candidates to meet with the selection committee in person (video or teleconference where required). See Engineering Physics for further details.
- Environmental Engineering (the joint UNBC/UBC option is available but requires moving to Prince George for a good portion of your degree and a separate application process. If you are interested in this option, please review the information posted here.
- Geological Engineering
- Integrated Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- All Options (PLEASE NOTE: if you are seeking early admission for any of the options, an additional application is required - please check here for Option information (application form). Deadline is February 28th. Regular admission for the specializations will take place in 2nd-year).
- Mining Engineering
- UBC Engineering Co-op
- UBC Okanagan Civil Engineering
- UBC Okanagan Electrical Engineering
- UBC Okanagan Mechanical Engineering
Click on the button below to access the Program Preference form for 2nd year placement. It will be available for you to fill in/update/change from February 15th until the deadline of ;APRIL 30th. If you do not see a button below, the form is closed.
Log in to the form with your CWL (Campus Wide Login).
Check your information on the form – correct in your SSC account if necessary.
Rank your preferences.
Support your 1st choice: Tell us why you think you should be considered for your program of choice.
Registration information from UBC has not yet been released so the following are general guidelines/dates. This will be updated by the start of the placement process. Placements for current UBC Engineering students will be made in by June 30 and your registration should be early-mid July. Students transferring into UBC Engineering in 2nd-year will be placed over the summer, after you have been admitted to UBC. Check your account for your placement and registration date/time.
And remember, in our last round, over 90% of students got their first or second choice.