2nd Year Placement
Need help with your 2nd Year Placement decisions? Here are some opportunities to explore:
- Department & Program Open Houses & Info Sessions.
Form will open at the beginning of March.
Ready for your second year at UBC Engineering Vancouver? Follow the following 3 steps...
Step 1: Explore - departments and programs:
APSC 122 - Lunchtime Explorations and presentations by Departments & Programs
Check out the department/program sites below
Come to our Open House in November - departments & programs have information booths, demonstration rooms and lab tours for you to explore
Go to the department/program Open Houses in Term 2. Note - not all the departments/programs will have open houses as some held open houses in Term 1.
Do some research on your own - google it, check out videos, find engineers in the field to talk to, be proactive!
Regardless of the industry or field your passion lies within, you can practice your specialty within an ever growing diversity of industries.
- Chemical Engineering
- Chemical & Biological Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Biomedical Option (PLEASE NOTE: an application - in addition to the placement form - is required for this option - please check here for information AND check here for the application. Deadline is March 31).
- Engineering Physics. In addition to the placement form, Engineering Physics requires all candidates to meet with the selection committee in person (video or teleconference where required). See Engineering Physics for further details.
- Environmental Engineering (the joint UNBC/UBC option is available but requires moving to Prince George for a good portion of your degree and a separate application process - must apply as a transfer student to UNBC by March 1st. If you miss the deadline, please contact UNBC as soon as possible. If you are interested in this option, please review the information posted here. For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-827-3415.)
- Geological Engineering
- Integrated Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- All Options (PLEASE NOTE: if you are seeking early admission for any of the options, an additional application is required - please check here for Option information (application form). Deadline is February 28th. Regular admission for the specializations will take place in 2nd-year).
- Mining Engineering
- UBC Engineering Co-op
- UBC Okanagan Civil Engineering
- UBC Okanagan Electrical Engineering
- UBC Okanagan Mechanical Engineering
Step 2: Submit your preference
Click on the button below to access the Program Preference form for 2nd year placement. It will be available for you to fill in/update/change from the beginning of March until the deadline of APRIL 30th. If you do not see a button below, the form is closed.
Log in to the form with your CWL (Campus Wide Login).
Check your information on the form – correct in your SSC account if necessary.
Rank your preferences.
Support your 1st choice: Tell us why you think you should be considered for your program of choice.
Registration information from UBC has not yet been released so the following are general guidelines/dates. This will be updated by the start of the placement process. Placements for current UBC Engineering students will be made in by June 30 and your registration should be early-mid July. Students transferring into UBC Engineering in 2nd-year will be placed over the summer, after you have been admitted to UBC. Check your account for your placement and registration date/time.
And remember, in our last round, over 90% of students got their first or second choice.