Application deadline is October 15, 2017.
The Student Competition team fund provides funding for University of British Columbia engineering students to put into practice the engineering skills they learn in the classroom and to play a leading role in shaping the future of engineering. These funds are available for student competition teams within the Faculty of Applied Science.
Limits for applications shall not exceed the total cost of the activity.
PROCESS FOR APPLICATION
Student Eligibility Regulations:
- All applicants must be students registered at the University of British Columbia and be in good standing at the time of the application, and during the period of the activity/project itself. This includes full-time or part-time undergraduate students.
- Applications will be accepted from student competition teams within the Faculty of Applied Science.
- Each funded applicant is required to submit a brief final report that summarizes the outcomes of their competition. Student competition teams who do not submit a Final Report will not be eligible for funding for the next year.
Funding Eligibility Regulations:
- Student applicants MUST meet eligibility regulations as listed in Student Eligibility Regulations above.
- Applications must be received before the application deadline.
- Please note the following restrictions on funding:
- Meal costs are considered normal living expenses and therefore will not be considered for reimbursement.
- No alcoholic beverages shall be reimbursed through funding from this Fund.
- Where vehicle mileage is claimed, standard UBC rates shall apply.
- Travel and accommodation expenses should be reasonable.
Notification and results dissemination
All successful applicants will be notified via e-mail. Applicants must ensure that the e-mail contact information listed on their application is current.
There is a single application process each year.
Deadline for submitting applications: Sunday, October 15, 2017. Applications will not be accepted after the deadline.
Week of November 6, 2017. Announcement of funding allocations. The Coordinator will issue an e-mail to successful applicants indicating the amounts awarded.
Friday, August 31, 2018. Last day to submit the Final Report.
How to apply
Submit and complete an application form online, by the relevant deadline.
All successful applicants will need to submit a complete Final Report online, which includes a financial accounting for funds received and reflection on the benefits and outcomes of the activity.
Andrea Walus, Development Officer
UBC Faculty of Applied Science
290-2360 East Mall
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z3
PROCESS FOR REIMBURSEMENT
All payment reimbursements are receipt-based and must be submitted by August 31st. The only exception is if the funding being requested is for an event occurring after August 31st. If this is the case, it is the student’s responsibility to ensure that he/she has communicated the date of the event with the Coordinator and the Finance Manager. Original receipts must be submitted to the Faculty Dean’s office or your department finance person as you would normally do. Successful applicants groups are required to identify one person, to be noted on the application form, who will be the ONLY contact for the group in all matters relating to the Fund – administration, reporting and reimbursement.
PROCESS FOR REPORTING
Successful applicants are required to submit a Final Report to the Coordinator before or by August 31st. The only exception is if the funding being requested is for an event occurring after August 31st. If this is the case, it is the student’s responsibility to ensure that he/she has communicated the date of the event with the Coordinator and the Finance Manager. Applicants who do not submit a Final Report will not be eligible for following-year funding.