Connect with fellow female engineering students in India
Peer mentoring can be an invaluable way to learn from and support your fellow students. Starting in September 2015, UBC Global E-Mentoring Program takes peer mentoring to an international level by matching female engineering students at UBC with female engineering students in India.
Over an eight-month period, female UBC engineering students will provide ongoing peer mentoring to their peers in India, with a focus on personal and professional development, goal-setting, and motivation and empowerment. You’ll be encouraged to explore beyond your own culture and take a globally minded view of the profession.
Participating in the Global E-Mentorship program is an enriching experience that will enable you to:
- Experience first-hand the importance of mentoring
- Build professional skills in areas such as goal-setting, coaching, empowerment and relationship building
- Deepen your understanding of global issues beyond your own experience and culture.
Your total time commitment over the eight months will be approximately 15 hours. As part of this program, you must:
- Attend, at UBC or via Skype if needed, a 1.5 hour training session
- Initiate one online meeting per month with your counterpart in India and participate in one group discussion per month
- Participate in reflection activities and provide program feedback as needed
Please contact APSC Professional Development at email@example.com if you have any questions! The application period is typically in January.